Full-time Police Officer
The City of Colfax, Iowa is accepting applications for the position of full-time Police Officer. Iowa Law Enforcement Academy (ILEA) certification is preferred but not required.
Non-ILEA certified applicants must meet the minimum ILEA hiring standards.
Competitive salary, time off and benefits.
An application can be requested by calling City Hall at 515-674-4096 or it can be obtained online here.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The completed application, a cover letter and a current resume must be returned to the Colfax Police Department by mail to 20 W. Howard St Colfax, Iowa 50054 or by email to Chief Jeremy Burdess at firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Colfax is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applicants must:
- Be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Have reached the age of 18 years by the established date of the written examination.
- Be a graduate of an accredited high school or possess an equivalency certificate (GED).
- Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of Iowa or intends to become a resident upon being employed.
- Is not by reason of conscience or belief opposed to the use of force when appropriate or necessary to fulfill his/her duties.
- Be able to speak, read, and write the English language.
- Be of good moral character. The conduct or character of any applicant must be such that his/her job performance as a police officer would not be impeded in any manner.
- Not have been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude.
- Must have a valid Iowa driver’s license at the time of employment.
*$2500.00 signing bonus for I.L.E.A certified applicants.